View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
iansky

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Post Thanks: 1
Default Re: iphone vs 9930 sprint

I have come the other way and traded my iPhone 4 in for the Blackberry Bold 9900 without regret.

The iphone is a great piece of kit but is more of a swiss army knife than a phone, the Blackberry for me offers the following advantages:

1. A quality tactile Qwerty keyboard that is superb (not happy with virtual one on iPhone)
2. Superb messaging & Email characteristics with a faster delivery than iPhone on same network
3. Better signal and call quality than the iPhone
4. More secure for corporate use

After owning iPhones since launch, I realised I was using them for games/videos/music and not for communication so my monthly costs were not being utilised for effective communication but more for downloads/apps etc.

I got to the point where I decided I wanted a small tactile phone that I would use for communicating and the 9900 does that better than any phone I have owned to date, add to that the almost instant Email / messaging and non voice communication is a breeze when voice is not practical - plus, I can now get a quality signal in areas the iphone would not!

At last a phone that does what it is supposed to rather than encouraging me to do things I don't need to do!

Last edited by iansky : 07-11-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iansky For This Useful Post:
mike22 (09-15-2012)