| | BB 9780 to WinPhone - day 1
Please Login to Remove!
Just switched from a much loved Blackberry 9780 to a Windows Phone and here are my first impressions for your purchasing inquiries:
- first thought: touch screen keyboards truly are absolutly a heaping pile !!! I'm talking Biff Tannen heaping pile !!! Getting used to it and it might be better in the long run, but 1st impression is le shit.
- finger print city and smears everywhere
- get this, you can't use the phone as a memory stick (on a Windows Phone of all devices), only for pics, riddims and pics
- can only tether with wi-fi and not usb which is a huge bottleneck
- fast (browsing, everything else) as the Delorean right before it jumps the space-time continuum buy not sure if a newer Blackberry would match it or not
- music don't seem to be able to random by album or genre, just all or nada
- screen size is very nice but not sure if newer Blackbery matches
- haven't really tested apps yet
- copy and pasting is difficult
- not sure how much my bandwidth bill will jump, but the browsing pics are much better without Blackbery server compresion making pics grainy
- love the home screen and Microsoft's 1st go at tiles
- locking/unlocking takes 2 moves, a button press and a swipe
- security is the same since the technique I use is called "put it back in your pocket after use"
- looking toward to finding out what kinda games this thing can provide, only other portable that might be able to compete is Nintendo's but thiers ain't a phone, microsoft has rare (donkey Kong country, killer instinct, goldeneye, perfect dark) and remedy (max Payne) and more
- email is nice, miss push a lot but with tiles and pop3, WinPhone's email is nice, not sure how good (if it can) send native html email, email is nice though, good and bad when compared to push, guess it depends on your personal email habits
- with tiles and pop3, winPhone email is nice and only 2 button presses, pushEmail is great but sometimes that blinking read light of push nags instead of serves
- needing 2 hands to browse is tough for me as I can't articulate myself without cursing, smoker, coffee, bus poles, pizzas, bye bye
- can't set mp3 as alarm clock
- can't put browsing bookmarks into folders or organize (all alphebetical)
Day 1 Conclusion:
- because of backend thing specific to my field, still love the Windows Phone and look forward to what Microsoft bring with Win8, but for standard "enterprise suits" or heavy typers and browsers, do not know if I would recommend a WinPhone over a newer Blackberryc
- have not extensively tried an iPhone, newer Blackbery or any touchscreen phone
- a slide out keyboard would be nice
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
OP can't post without cursing...
Last edited by NJBlackBerry : 07-23-2012 at 09:52 AM.