View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
cecr

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Post Thanks: 0
Default insert contact details directly into calendar?

Please Login to Remove!

The native BB 8520 calendar seems very poor if you want to enter things manually, eg in my Nokia using the Handy calendar, from the subject line you can browse the address book, choose a contact and enter it into the calendar and then setup reminders, reoccurrences etc as usual.

This doesn't seem possible with the native calendar. Handy doesn't make a calendar for BB, and the SBSH deems to be phased out.

I know many people use email details to create appointments but that's not appropriate for every instance when you want to make a calendar entry, eg, when you are having your haircut, you're not likely to send your haircutter an email with the appointment details in it, likewise with hospital appointments. It seems the only way to create the entry is to manually type in all the details which is a pain.

Now, I don't use email on my BB and don't have a dataplan, so I may have overlooked some workaround to allow contact lists to be browsed as subject entries like, maybe setting up a dummy email address?

It's quite a basic and logical idea to use the data in the contact list as sources for appointments, so, how do you avoid typing in all the details to create a calendar entry?
Offline   Reply With Quote