View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
cecr

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: insert contact details directly into calendar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringfuror View Post
You can invite attendees from within the new appointment entry.
Thanks for your reply, except as I mentioned, I'm not going to ask my barber or dentist to do that. Even if they did share their email addys with me, I doubt they would adopt the process as their new business model. I know my hospital certainly wouldn't, and I assume the contact's cooperation could only arise if I used an email to instigate appointments, which isn't appropriate.

As I said, I don't have a data plan on the BB and don't use it for email. If I understand your suggestion, I would have to create the appointment, and then invite the contact? Well, once I've created the appointment I wouldn't need to go any further..... I'm simply trying to speed up the process of creating appointments and remove the possibility of spelling mistakes creeping in.

This seems such a basic function its ridiculous that its not possible. I can only assume the software designers at BB never need to make appointments at hospital or their dentist, or to have their hair cut, or maybe they just like typing all the details in manually.

In case its not clear what I'm trying to do, its simple: to browse the contact list and choose one as the subject of a meeting/appointment/event rather than typing it all manually, in the same way that when you want to open a file on your PC/Apple, you browse through the folders and choose the file rather than typing the folder name, then type the sub-folder name, then type the sub-sub-folder name, then type the file name... just click click click etc.

Last edited by cecr : 08-10-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote