View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Post Thanks: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecr View Post
for a start, you don't know me. I'm not typical of anybody except me. I'm not frustrated at all, but yes, astonished that blackberry users are happy to type data into a calendar that they've already typed into their contact list.... and wonder why anyone would want a faster, more accurate process, and yes, astonished that blackberry felt it absolutely necessary to have the camera click whenever it is used, and the keys to make a tone whenever a phone number is dialled, and to provide no way of switching either off. So I imagine you must have told all those users to use a device that works best for them simply because they wanted an improvement?

The blackberry is far from perfect, and there is vast room for improvement in design and usability as shown by their fall in worldwide market share over recent years. Refusing to accept that people who point out device shortcomings are not unreasonable but have a point, IS denial. Perhaps you're so in love with your device that you can't be objective about it anymore? I don't know, but I do know that I didn't say the blackberry isn't right for me. That seems like you justifying your blinkered viewpoint and your posts, which seem designed simply to push up your post count.

Anyway, I didn't post here looking for an argument, I posted asking for help, and sadly didn't find it. If I should post again asking for help, do me a favour and don't trouble yourself posting a reply, I'm sure you can push up your post count easier by advising others to find a more suitable device - after all, I've had that advice so saying it again would be a waste of both of our time.
Yes, I have you pegged. And you did get help. You asked how to do something that isn't supported and learned that the feature you want is not there on the BlackBerry.

Second, you think your idea of the way it should be is objective truth, or you seem to think so. And you do have the market trends on your side. But the BlackBerry is what it is. And some people do prefer it the way it is, me included. So you can't expect everyone is going to empathize with you and your ranting.

Finally, I'll comment when, where, and how I want. In fact my initial comment wasn't a slam. It was an observation of fact. The BlackBerry isn't a good fit for you. I don't think you would like even the latest models. You should make a list of the top 5 must have features you need in a smart phone and find the one that meets at least three of them and does well enough on the other two.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Online   Reply With Quote