View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 0
Thumbs up REVIEW - Naztech Boa Case for the 8700 Series

Please Login to Remove!

Product: Naztech Boa Leather Pouch Case
Price: Currently Unavailable...

Review:
This case is VERY well designed and constructed. It is made of high quality, very sturdy leather, with excellent stitching. It just feels well made, you know what I mean?

The flap is removeable, which is very cool. This gives you the option to wear it as a flap style or straight pouch style, depending on your personal preference, or mood. The flap magnets are strong - no way it will flip open unless you want it to. The device fits very snug inside the case, so even with the flap off there is no need to worry about slipping out. I'm sure after a while the leather will stretch a bit, but I really think it will still be snug enough to go flapless.

The belt clip is another awesome feature. While my Sena case clip only stops at 90 degree angles, this one stops at each 45 degree angle, giving you a wide variety of ways to wear it on your belt. I like the 45 degree stop on my hip - it gives me the easy quick draw angle I like the most. The clip is covered in the same leather as the case, and it is very tight and thick, as opposed to those cases with the glue prolem we all dealt with weeks ago. This thing will NOT come apart - it's built like a tank.

My only negative would be the lack of a sleeper magnet. I performed a self-fix for this problem by using electrical tape on the back of the case to hold a sleeper magnet on it. It works well for, but an OEM magnet would certainly be nicer.

Overall, this case is incredible. It's cool that it is nice enough looking to be used not only casually, but when it a suit attire as well. It has a very low profile on my hip, and does not interfere with sitting or bending over like some others do.

Pros: Excellent craftsmanship, elegant styling, removeable flap, strong low-profile leather wrapped belt clip, solid clip ratcheting

Cons: No sleeper magnet, no longer available (rumors afloat that they are designing another line with the magnet built-in)

Conclusion: Had this case come with a sleeper magnet, it would be near perfection...

Last edited by Seattle18 : 04-24-2006 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Updated information.