View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
fotnost
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Reliance India
Post Thanks: 2
Default Browswer Push, Pushed Content Clarification Please

Please Login to Remove!

I'm on 7.1.0.523 on Bold 9900. I'm on BIS

The only applications I have on my Bold 9900 are = Google Talk Messenger from RIM, Yahoo Messenger from RIM and WhatsApp Messenger. I also use BlackBerry Messenger.

And I have one GMAIL E-Mail account configured 'to receive push mail on my phone.

I have three questions I would like someone to clarify for me please:

1) I browse very seldom. Occasionaly. I clear History. Is it safe to go to options and use the clear cookies, history, etc?

The main thing i am worried about is "PUSHED CONTENT" - Is cleaning that going to affect my push e-mail or my messengers while i am on the move? any service books?

2) Also under Settings - Device - Advanced - Browser Push - I had Browser Push Enabled. Hence all the subsequent checkboxes were enabled - MDS< WAP and all the permissions etc.

I unchecked Browser Push. Because I am not subscribed to any browser related services.

Is unchecking Browser Push going to hamper my push e-mail / messengers to chat / service books in anyway?

AND LAST but not least

3) Memory Cleaning - Is it good to enable Memory Cleaning? Does that clean some stuff which is required by phone / messenger applications to stay signed in continuously so i can receive Instant Messages 24x7?

Please help me with this. It might sound naive but I don't know what all these mean. Thanks in advance
Offline   Reply With Quote