View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
JakeKole
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Post Thanks: 2
Default BES upgrade 4.1 to 5.?

Please Login to Remove!

Currently have a one server setup with BES 4.1 and SQL 2000. I would like to upgrade by creating a new BES on windows 2008 r2 standard and use our sql server for the database which runs SQL 2005. I am in the process of reading the bes installation and configuration guide. I also found a useful KB that details how to move the database to the sql server.

1) When would be the best time in the update process to update the database instance to 2005 sp3? I would guess that it has to be done before it is restored. But ideally I would prefer to not update the existing instance as 4.1 might not be compatible. Is there a more effective way to do it?

2) I received a download of bes version 5.02 but I have noticed that bes 5.4 is available. But when I go to the download section for BES on blackberry website there are many versions that are available for update, is there a list of a quick update route including all the roll ups and what order they must be installed? Why is there not a 5.04 full release available for download?

thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote