View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 06:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
JakeKole
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Post Thanks: 2
Default Re: BES upgrade 4.1 to 5.?

Thanks for the prompt reply. There was a bit of a mixup with the licensing. We had a bes 4.1 license which is full and requested via our supplier for an upgrade and I did mention to him that it was free but he said it was not. He then purchased the bes 5 full upgrade (this is obviously so he continues to get money via the user cal purchases) So i still might go back to him and try and switch to express version. But apart from the extra IT policy there does not appear to be any reason to not go with the free version, is that correct?

It is only a small firm with 60 blackberry users but at this point we might be stuck with the full version due to the licensing mix up. The firm has a lot of money so if there was any reason to justify to them to go with the full version they would do it as blackberry are very important aspect of their business.

If i go from bes 4.1 full to 5 express using the transporter tool how will that affect the user cals? Will they convert to free ones automatically? I have found the transporter documentation and will give that a read.

Last edited by JakeKole : 09-04-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote