Thread: BIS Issues
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
towertrading

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Post Thanks: 1
Default BIS Issues

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

I am tearing my hair out over what I thought to be a simply procedure. I have a BB that was on the 02 BIS (02 claim they have released the device from their BIS) to a BIS supported by Orange

Note: I believe it to be orange/Tmobile. I got the sim from a company called Natterbox- Natterbox software records calls and Texts (the company is having to use these sims to adhere to FSA regulation). And Natterbox are supported by Orange, thus we must be using oranges BIS.

So the problem is: the BIS provided rejects the device pin and IMEI number when entered to create a new user. The error messages ask me to add the account on the actual handheld.

When attempting to activate the email account (Gmail account) the device tries to contact the server and hangs at this step for some time before failing.

I have tried several email addresses, none work. What I am also finding is that the email accounts that I use get a email saying the following

"This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server."

Which means there has been communitcation between the handheld and the Gmail account.

Anybody able to tell me what I am missing/doing wrong please.

thanks in advance

Nic
Offline   Reply With Quote