| | BES Express- wireless calendar sync not working (2 way)
Please Login to Remove!
I downloaded and installed the newest version of BES Express (5.0 SP3) on a SBS 2008 SP2 server last week (Exchange 2007). I have 1 user, utilizing a BB Bold (I believe 9700).
Email/Contacts sync OTA with no issue. Calendar, both from the device and Exchange, will not. Most issues I have seen regarding calendar sync seem to be issues coming from the device... in my case, entries created on the device don't sync up to Exchange, and entries created in Outlook don't sync down to the device.
Here are the specifics I can think of. I had no errors during install.
- CDO.DLL version is 6.5.8244.0. This is sitting in C:\Program Files (x86)/ExchangeMAPI. To be clear, the BES server is sitting on my SBS2008 server. This means I don't need exchangemapicdo.exe 1.2.1 installed, to my understanding.
- I had the user reset their Exchange calendar on the Bold as mentioned in the BB KB article on this topic.
- I have confirmed the BESAdmin service account I created has appropriate permissions to update user's mailboxes
- I have confirmed the BESAdmin account is not a domain admin or part of a group that has domain admin rights. It IS a member of Enterprise/Schema admins, along with Exchange Organization/Exchange View-Only admins.
- I have confirmed the device (and BB Desktop Manager, which he is using as a stop-gap) show the device has wireless sync for the calendar turned on.
- I have resent service books to the device.
I have probably left off some important info needed to really help me, if you let me know what that is I am happy to provide.
This seems to me to be a bizarre issue. I would think if it is a permissions problem I wouldn't have anything syncing. If it was a server compatibility conflict I would have gotten errors during install.
Any help MUCH appreciated, I am really at a loss.
Last edited by bigbadbuff : 09-18-2012 at 09:17 AM.