View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
jmatthi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Post Thanks: 4
Default Re: Blackberry Torch 9810 Synchronization stops at 52%

I wanted report back, that deleting and re-adding the user from BES did not have an effect on the synchronization issue with the ATT 9810 Torch.

@MickeyAGBoston...we did try that. No change.

Moments later....

I spent a wonderful (& fun?) 8 hours on the phone with Blackberry troubleshooting, only to end-up blowing away the entire BES install and re-installing BES 5.0.3 to resolve the problem. I did enjoy having RIM tech support on the phone for the re-install and move over to the latest version of BES, as we encountered several existing database issues during the upgrade. Once we got those resolved, it was a easy install. (if your wondering why not BES 5.0.4?, BB recommended we start with 5.0.3 and wait a few months for any service packs to come out that might resolve major issues before moving into 5.0.4)

If you havent tried the BB database transporter tool to move your users, I highly recommend it. It made moving our user data a snap, with the exception of the data associated with the user of the ATT 9810 Torch. We had to leave their data out of the transfer. Something was corrupted in their user DB.

Thanks to all who responded.

Last edited by jmatthi : 09-22-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote