View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #17 (permalink)
ChrisSnape
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: BT Mobile
Post Thanks: 9
Default Re: Exchange Upgrade and BESX Move

Hi Guys,

Thought I would ask for some more help on this thead as the history on this thread is still current.

For a catchup I am now in the process of migrating mailboxes from my Ex2003 server to Ex2010. I have got it working so that a migrated user from Ex2003 still has a working Blackberry in BESX even though they are now on the Ex2010 server (Ran some Powershell scripts for permissions on new server).

However, I have hit a snag. I have got a user on the Ex2010 server who didn't have a BB when he was migrated but now needs one. I have tried creating it but am not getting my usual wireless activation to work. I am left with the EPT Email in his mailbox and 'Contacting Server' on the Enterprise activation on said BB.

I checked the activation status on the Administration Service and found this:

"Waiting for recognition of valid user activation response before continuing with processing. "

Is this because my BESAdmin mailbox is still on the Ex2003 server? Do I have to create activations on user mailboxes that reside on the Ex2003 server and then migrate them afterwards? OR am I missing an additional permission on the Ex2010 server to allow the EPT email to be picked up / deleted by the BESAdmin account?

PS. I have double checked the data plan on the SIM for the BB and it is correct when compared to all the other BB's we have in operation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by ChrisSnape : 09-24-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote