View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 05:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
KayNoire
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 2
Default Re: I need help with switching devices

Okay, sorry for the double-post, but I just tried out your suggestion (went to the blackberryfaq site and to the 'How do I back-up third party applications?' [okay for some reason I am not allowed to direct-link to that page because I have under 15 posts?]) and I have encountered a problem.

I can't select 6- Select USB: Your Pin, it just backs-up my third-party applications without me being able to enter any pin. Hence, I have a problem once I arrive at step 10 and 11:
10- When it’s finished backing up the apps, DO NOT click “Next” or “Cancel.” Leave that screen as it is and continue these instructions.

11- Search your computer files/folders for a folder labeled with your pin number. Be sure and search in hidden and system files.

Because I could not enter a pin I had no influence onto what that folder's name is. And since I have no idea what the folder might be named to which my apps have been backed up to, I am not quite sure where to look. I saw the 'example location' in the FAQ and tried to look in that direction, but couldn't find it.
So any ideas where the Desktop Software might put that back-up and how it might be named?
Offline   Reply With Quote