View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
cecil

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Post Thanks: 0
Default 'Dialogue' screen locks phone

Please Login to Remove!

I've started to get spam from the vendor of one of my installed apps - SMSBlocker.

In an effort to stop the bombardment, I revoked all the permissions of the app with the intention of allowing enough permissions for the app to work.

When it rebooted, I found that the app wouldn't work. I changed one of the permissions in an effort to get the app working. Now, when it reboots, I get a dialogue box telling me "SMSBlocker has attempted to open an external connection which is not allowed by the apps pernissions."

The problem is, the box won't go away! Clicking on the OK button simple refreshes the screen. I can't get access to any other screen to terminate the app or to actually use any of the phone's features.

How can I terminate what seems to be a piece of spyware (why else would a SMS blocker need access to internet/wifi/usb/personal files and everything else if not to spy) so I can remove it?

Once its unlocked the app will be destroyed and I won't go near anything from that vendor again. Untill then the phone is next to useless.
Offline   Reply With Quote