View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
fcbayern
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: mtel
Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: Default I-net browser withoutdata plan ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Then you have a data plan -- a generic mobile data plan -- but not a BlackBerry data plan.

You are able to use opera mini because it uses the carrier apn and doesn't require (or use) the RIM BlackBerry services. Likewise, you will be able to use any other apps that similarly are not integrated with the BlackBerry data service.

BlackBerrys are different. A BlackBerry smartphone is intended to be used with BlackBerry data services. The BlackBerry handset is the hardware interface.

In my experience the BlackBerry data plan is the same cost as the generic mobile data plan, all things being equal. And the BlackBerry data plan is instead of, not in addition.

I can understand your frustration, but next time do a little research and ask the necessary questions up front before you buy.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
I will start from the end of the post. No, man, I`m not frustraited. After all i still can use the internet throuh the carrier. I believe I`m more like surprised because of the RIM police to restrict internet usage in this way. But after using a BB for about a month I can tell they should change their slogan to " Why should it be easy when it can be difficult ? "
What You said about APN is exactly right. But You know what? When I asked my carrier to provide me with the necessairy APN they told me that my Blackberry can only be used with data plan. So I had to look around in forums like this one here in order to obtain the APN and also download a service book so I can use the prepaid internet. Speaking about prepaid internet I don`t know which country You are talking about, but where I live there is a huuuge price difference between both of them.
Regards !
Offline   Reply With Quote