View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
traveler20
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: How to get an app

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienaguns View Post
Yes, but again compliance is an end-user issue. Since this is apparently like some sort of moth to flame type deal on the legal discussion, I guess Ill have to start an new thread about the original topic. Lets talk about how to get the app, what a great idea that is.
I looked into this further and looks like most of them have issues with the 9930. I just tried the SRID Games free evaluation version thatís supposed to work with the 9930, and that doesnít work either. Opens files to record but doesnít save or close them. Had the same problem with Berryrecord v1.0 (which was abandoned by itís author years ago).

Just to give it a fair chance, I removed both apps, rebooted and reloaded Call Recorder. Still the same issues, so I removed it again.

BTW, the reason why those apps are not available through Appworld is probably because RIM sells a premium secure recording service for commercial use. Probably a 99% chance that RIM wonít allow a product to be available through that service that would compete with one of their own.

There are definitely Blackberry call recording apps that work (without a pay-as-you-go conference call server), some better or worse than others. But thereís also a lot of people who feel they have a right to mind your business and make them difficult to find.
Offline   Reply With Quote