| | E2K3 -> E2K10 - New BES Environment instead of mailbox migration?
Please Login to Remove!
I'm hoping some BES expert can point me in the right direction. I apologise in advance for the length of this message.
We have two clustered BES servers (ie. 4 servers in 2 pairs) for Exchange 2003. We are currently upgrading to Exchange 2010 and we need to consider the BES environment.
Currently BES supports are 5000 users but this will decrease to around 500 users in the next few weeks as the majority of people move to Android / iPhone devices and therefore ActiveSync.
I have read a lot about migrating the BES mailbox from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 and some of the pitfalls involved. I'd like to avoid this by doing the following:
* Creating a new pair of clustered BES servers;
* Configure those servers to work with Exchange 2010 ONLY;
This effectively gives us two BES environments - 1 for Exchange 2003 and 1 for Exchange 2010.
Once the migration of Exchange 2003 users starts, I would like to:
* Deactivate the handset on Exchange 2003 for the Blackberry user;
* Move the users mailbox from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010;
* Activate the users handset on Exchange 2010.
Can anybody tell me if this will basically work??!! And is there any potential pitfalls with doing it that they can see?
Any help at all greatly appreciated.