View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
Model: 9700
Carrier: t-mobile Germany
Post Thanks: 11
Default Re: how to download BESx 5.0.4 in only 20 minutes

Today I am in a much better mood then yesterday. When problems accumulate, and you are therefore unable to do things you normally expect to be simple, I get in a rage.

google germany today will find a link if I search for "bes express 5.0.4 download". Thats fine.

But I stil stand to my other points:
Javascript should be used only, if neccessary. You really dont need javascript for creating a drop-down menu in a web-page. Also Navigating through a website should still be possible, even if javascript is turned off.
The site works with java script disabled, but, you cannot fill out the form.

I did not want to touch the security settings of the system, installing and removing firefox seemed a simpler method. Btw. IE Enhanced security settings was off.

The problem with adding the URL to the trusted zone sites is, that, since the download link is obfuscated with a java script, you will not know the link, the page you are landing in is not in the same domain as the link.
How could I add "" to my trusted zones if I can not see it ?

I dont complain about filling out the form, this takes less then 30 seconds. But the whole procedure from the beginning to the end took 20 minutes. 5 Minutes is what I expect. And If I had made the attempt to begin the download on a local PC, then make a note of the domain, then, add this to the trusted zone on the server, I would have been able to make it in that timeframe.
Or, if RIM had written "please add to your trusted zone", that also would have been sufficent.
Offline   Reply With Quote