Hello all and thank you in advance for considering my problem.
To begin, I have spent a decent amount of time researching this issue and have tried a number of remedies. My issue:
I would like be able to use the Curve 8320 to surf the net over wi-fi without a data plan. I don't see why this is an unreasonable request given that I do the same thing with my laptop at home, in Starbucks, at work and at the local library. This issue has become quite frustrating because there have been people who have posted that they have been able to use their Blackberry's without a data plan. What I have done:
- wiped out phone shortly after receiving it from EBAY
- was able to surf the web before I realized I was getting charged...promptly had T-Mobile block data on my account
- I asked T-mobile if I could use WI-Fi without a data plan and the rep said, "yes."
- Turned of data on the phone
- updated the phone with Blackberry's 4.5 OS?
- Downloaded Opera Mini to my PC and then successfully installed it on the 8320
- changed the browser to "hotspot browser"
- enabled the firewall on the phone
- edited Opera Mini preferences to "allow"
- When I wiped the phone, did I also wipe necessary service books?
seems that the Blackberry and T-mobile browser would not allow me to connect to the internet. This is why I downloaded Opera Mini. Was this a correct move?
- What is the reason this is so difficult?
Again, thank you for considering my issue.