View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
gensuki

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: Help me use my BB Bold 9700 on Airvoice system

Thanks for all the feedback. However, due to my ignorance I need to ask some more dumb questions. Thanks for your patience.

Quote:
You need service books in order to use BlackBerry apps, including the browser.
I don't intend to use BB apps, just the internet via the browser. The Hotspot browser, MediaNet, and Blackberry worked before. Do I need a different browser and hence a service book to go with it?

Quote:
And on a BB, you need a BB data plan for email, Internet and other services. Nothing else works. You had wifi because your carrier allowed it and/or there were proper service books on the device and to get them, you need BB data
Are you talking about a BB-specific data plan? Prior to AT&T dropping my ability to buy the data package, I was able to use the Internet via the MediaNet browser. None of the push email, etc. stuff worked but I was okay with that. I just want the same with AirVoice. I don't have a data plan now (just phone/text) and am able to get wifi. Can you clarify?

Quote:
H2O wireless is nothing more than a minutes provider to standard cell phones. You will still need the service books to allow the data use including WIFI.
Are you saying even though right now I have AT&T phone/text (no minutes) and can get wifi, if I go to AirVoice without getting new service books I won't be able to use wifi?

Thank you all. It's complicated.
Offline   Reply With Quote