View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
DazDaKing

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: So my BB is doing the strangest stuff since getting wet!

Dude, obviously I know water and cell phones don't mix, thats basic knowledge for people who don't even know about electric currents, circuits, conductivity, e.t.c.

However, honestly I don't think it is damaged beyond repair. I have damaged phones beyond repair before with water, and that means NO BUTTON WORKS, or any button that does work does not run the function its meant to (e.g pressing v gives you f). But in this case EVERY button works FINE just provided that the menu button is held. I mean, it's awkward as hell but it definitely means the circuit isn't damaged beyond repair, that's an overstatement.

I'm due an upgrade very very soon so I'd rather not go for the hassle of getting a replacement. Am I even eligible for replacement? Surely I'll need insurance against liquid damage to get a replacement? And under those circumstances I'm not sure I'll receive a temporary replacement phone, which I would need right now for my last week of uni (I'm also quite broke atm so buying a temp phone isn't much good either).

Cheers anyway
Offline   Reply With Quote