Thread: new playbook
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
steakman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
PIN: 2826774b
Carrier: Telus-Personal/Rogers Work
Post Thanks: 5
Default Re: new playbook

I have never had an iPad...and my PB is the first tablet in the home. I find it somewhat easy to use and the HDMI capability is awesome...also, being able to use it with my 9900 & VM605 to get full blown Dolby stereo in my vehicle..is quite amazing (while watching a movie for example).

However I agree with other posters here about the lack of decent apps. I consider this a communication device just like my Bold. As such, not having a working Skype native to PB is major bummer.! Secondly, the fact that one cannot sync ones contact list with the one on ones BB phone is absolutely infuriating and a huge SCREW up on RIM's hand.!! There is Absolutely no reason for that....and I might add, I trust that RIM will see fit in some VERY NEAR future OS upgrade to make that possible...Why the hell should I have to manually type in some 945 contacts..??? Thats BS.

Still, all in all I like it, I like the size/weight and and I do like the LTE capabilities. Being out in the middle of the N. Eastern Alberta bush & being able to read the National Post on a daily basis is pretty kewl...and best of all, it fits nicely in my centre console armrest area.!

Cheers,

Stk

Last edited by steakman : 12-05-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote