View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Benteye

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell
Post Thanks: 0
Default 9900 white screen of death only with battery in???

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BB Bold 9900. All was well until one night I went to sleep with phone fully functional and only to wake up and find out in the morning the phone would not start and show a battery logo with red cross (no battery).

- The phone would not start, no RED LED when putting the battery in. And would not show anything on the screen if not plug in to the wall or USB, totally dead!
- The battery is fully charged and working (tested on another bold). If I plug in the battery it gets 2/3 loaded and then white screen of death and computer does not recognize the phone.
- If I plug in the charging cable or USB, the red led would lit for 30 seconds, and then screen shows the battery logo with red cross

I tried almost everything internet suggested:

1) Got a working battery from my co-worker, the phone still showed no battery
2) Connected to PC, the computer recognized the phone but the drives did not show up in “my computer”
3) Tried to do an update using Desktop Manager, got a message saying “phone is rebooting or has a dead battery”
4) JL_Cmder and Javaloader could not recognize the phone
5) Tried left the phone charged for 24 hours, no luck
6) Tried left the battery out for 24 hours, no luck
7) Tried dropped the phone from 1 - 3 feet when charging, a few times, no luck
8) Tried opening the phone, the battery connector seemed to be in perfect condition, no signs of anomaly seem on the board.
9) Phone is out of warranty
10) I found that if I connect the phone to the desktop manager or JL_Cmder immediately following the USB connection, I will be able to upgrade the phone. I downgraded the system from 5.0 to 4.6, and still have a screen showed up with no battery logo.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do!
Offline   Reply With Quote