| | My USB problem solved
I spent about three weeks trying to understand why my Blackberry 7100t would not "connect" through the Desktop Software. I tried everything and spent many hours on the phone with T-Mobile and RIM. I finally got through to a senior tech at RIM and he sort of threw up his hands. He finally suggested trying to selectively restart my computer with various startup items disabled. I chose "Bluetooth" and that fixed the problem! So there is a conflict (at least on my Sony VAIO laptop between Blackberry's Desktop Software and Bluetooth.
Here's how we solved the problem:
First, make sure no applications are running.
From the Start menu select "Run"
type in "msconfig.exe" and hit enter
select the Startup tab
uncheck Bluetooth so it won't run at startup
If that solves your problem, great! Now all you have to do is get RIM or your computer manufacturer to fix the conflict. And we all know how easy that would be. <gr>