View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
dblum

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 1
Default Re: Email, Outlook and Network Server

Thanks for your reply. I guess I'm still a bit confused. I have a smartphone, why would I not have access to my contacts or calendar? Also, there are two other Blackberry users in our office and they are receiving emails on their devices without this 10 to 15 minute (or more) delay., and they have access to at least their contacts. Are you saying that no Blackberry device can access calendars and contacts in this setup? Does this have anything to do with a license for a Blackberry user?

Our IT vendor never seems to be able to answer our questions, and takes far too long to do anything. This past summer, we purchased a new Microsoft Exchange Server. It has taken him until this month to migrate everything from the old server to the new server, because he keeps having problems (that he can't seem to actually define for us). Yes, I know we (and by we, I mean our executive) are to blame by letting this continue, but it is frustrating. That's what I mean when I say he doesn't appear to really know what he's doing. He never seems to be able to actually answer a question.

As a specific example, when I asked him why I'm experiencing this delay, and why I can't access my contacts or calendar, he says he doesn't know.
Offline   Reply With Quote