View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Post Thanks: 15
Default Re: All Alerts, Ringtones, profiles

Ok, let me be sure I understand what you mean by all alerts.

If I go to change the tone for text messages for my selected profile, I see an abbreviated list of tones, and at the bottom of this list I have All Music, All Voice Notes, and All Alerts.

Is the All Alerts selection I describe the same thing you are talking about? Do you see that list of tones, or is that gone?

I did a search and didn't find anything that looked similar to your issue. My theory is the profiles database has been corrupted and that is preventing the BlackBerry from showing you the available tones in the setup screen. That's why I asked if you can see any custom tones on the device that aren't showing in the setup screen. If they are there on the device (or on the microSD card) then they are there, not wiped out.

Anyway, check for your custom ringtones. That will answer the question whether they are really gone or not.

Use desktop manager and proceed as if you are going to do a selective backup. You will see how you can select a database on the device and clear it. Or the word may be delete. Same difference as far as we are concerned. Clear the profiles database. Then test.

If you don't see the stock ringtones in the profiles setup after clearing the profiles database, I don't know what else to do by do a clean reinstall of the OS.

Before you start doing anything, do a full backup first.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote