| | Think Outside Shasta Keyboard and the 7130e
Think Outside has not yet cleared it's Shasta BT keyboard to work with the 7130e. However it does work pretty well, though not perfectly. My biggest problem is the inability to use the keyboard to select an item from a list, e.g. an address from the address book. You currently need to use the Blackberry itself to address a memo. As with the 7130e and some Bluetooth headsets, there are occasional resets with this Bluetooth keyboard. Overall, though, my experience has been positive.
The current release driver 1.0 will work with the 7130e. Due to the security policy that is configured on this BB you will need to do the following after installing the Keyboard Software.
1. Open Options/Security/Application Permissions
2. Select Stowaway Shasta
3. Select Edit Permissions from the menu
4. Configure the Security Permissions to "Allow" for all categories.
5. Save the changes
6. Open the Stowaway Shasta application from the main launcher screen
7. Select Connect keyboard from the menu
8. Press the Discoverable button located next to the battery compartment. (Top Right)
P.S. They may still be looking for some additional Blackberry 7130e users for beta testing. Go to their website and sign up if you are interested.
Last edited by Blackberry fiend : 03-22-2006 at 11:05 PM.