Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
I tried the Z10. Loved the form factor. Fast and lightweight.
But I went back to my Lumia 920 (fast and heavyweight) for a few reasons:
- Font sizes; the lock screen and e-mails are so small I can barely read them. Even with my reading glasses on
- Apps. Or lack thereof. And not Skype and Netflix. Apps I use.
- Poor battery life on LTE. I got about 8 hours today and I barely touched it.
- Just some things I got used to. Much easier to delete e-mails on the Lumia (fewer touches)..
- Speed Dialing just wasn't happening for me on the Z10.
I will keep it around; it works fine on WiFi just no calls and will test it as (if) software updates become available.
It has promise. It is a lovely BB, but not right for my needs.
The font size is not good news to me. I had that problem on Windows Phone 7 (it was hideously small for texting - to the point I didn't want to use it.) I also have the Lumia 920 and was grateful Windows Phone 8 addressed the font issue.
I run hosted exchange and BES - the BES for SMIME (otherwise I wouldn't need BES due to what has already been mentioned.) I pay more to get that SMIME. But I have to get the SMIME certs onto the device.
After some research it appears that Blackberry Link is only a media consumer type sync program, no Outlook sync which most certainly means no SMIME sync. I currently use the Desktop Manager to sync my SMIME certs onto my BB Torch 9810.
I was confident in moving forward with the Z10 but there are several factors now that aren't playing out well.
Blackberry was the one device where you could make the font as large as you wanted, even for the browser - it is also stellar in its syncing/backup/restore software allowing the user to do quite a bit.
I took those things for granted - they may prove to be things I cannot live without. Now they are all fixable with updates... so for me, "updating" to the new OS may not be to my advantage until those things are addressed.