View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
nobody7290
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: t-mobile Germany
Post Thanks: 11
Default tinkering with mobile backup saved in sql database

Please Login to Remove!

Does someone know, if it is possible to extract stored contents of the BES backup into a readable form ?

On the weekend I had a small personal desaster:
For whatever reason the bb tried to activate itself (even if it was activated), and calendar sync was off.
I thougt, i do real anctivation and, everything will be ok, but, activation seems to be stuck, maybe because syncing the "bbm contacts" failed.

Backup of the handheld itself using usb failed with an unkown error.

I might have transferred the 2 lost days of the calendar manually, but thought, there must be an easier way, so i did a backup of the besmgmt and then deleted 3 matching records out of the syncBackupRestore table. New activation, this time it only took endless, but, no error about the bbm contacts.

Finally I had sucess after deleting about 2000 entries of application permissions in the mobile backup, and also erased the bb.

So it looks, it is safe to just delete some rows of the mobile backup, because it has a simple data structure (one row per item with timestamp).

My question:
I am still looking for a way to export the blackberry maps placemarks I save since several years, now, about >200. If i ever move to the bb10 platform, I want to take them with me (as a kml file).
Every placemark is one row, with the data in a field "binarydata", but unreadable.
Is there a way to convert this into human readable text, or, is it encrypted ?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by nobody7290 : 03-12-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote