View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
nobody7290
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: t-mobile Germany
Post Thanks: 11
Default Re: tinkering with mobile backup saved in sql database

The Article is KB31894
I did not wanted to clear the Wireless backup immediately because since I even was unable to backup my original blackberry with the Desktop software. However, I tried the KB suggestion after activating a second blackberry for this user.

The wireless backup entries in the SQL database were not purged after disabling and reenabling the wireless backup, the problem persists. I was able to activate a security wiped blackberry, but soon afterwards a new sync would start itself on the handheld, which never completes.

Since I now had a local backup of my data I deleted the user and created a new user. No problem with this user. After some time testing, I restored the local copies of the backup using the Desktop manager. As soon as I did this, the problem reappeared.

Deleted user, created new user, This time I only restored Browser favorites and BBM settings/Contacts. Runs stable since one day (during sync after restoring the backup, BBM messenger synchronisation still fails, but activation does finish. I guess the BBM6 which I currently have installed is not compatible with the wireless backup).

I will now restore one database day after day, until i find out which one is the culprit.

Last edited by nobody7290 : 03-15-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote