| | Re: kenwood/garmi bluetooth pairing issue
[here's what i got back from kenwood today. not sure if it adds anything but i'll check with stereo guy to see what he thinks (i'd probably need his help going through the steps anyway]
Dear Mr. Taylor,
Thank you for contacting Kenwood USA Corporation. We value you as a Kenwood customer and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.
I understand you are experiencing Bluetooth difficulties with the DNX890HD. We do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Kindly follow these instructions exactly otherwise the phone will not pair.
1. Delete the pairing from the radio and from the phone. (Refer to page 75 in the Instruction Manual)
2. Reset the radio and wait for the initial setup page. DO NOT SELECT FINISH YET.
3. Under the initial setup go to OEM SETUP and then OEM BLUETOOTH should be set to OFF not ON.
4. Once the changes are done, select finish on initial setup.
5. Go to BT SETUP and make sure that the SEARCH button is not greyed out. IF it is then start at step 2 again by resetting and making the setting change in initial setup.
6. If SEARCH is avaialble. On the cell phone turn bluetooth ON and make it DISCOVERABLE.
7. For older phones make sure the customer knows the PIN CODE that was set on the radio. On newer phones like iphone 5 and galaxy S3 and Note the unit and phone will create their own 6 digit random pin. That is normal so pin code set is not needed.
8. Hit SEARCH on the radio and wait for it to find the phone.
9. Depending on the phone, they will get message to approve the pair or to enter the code and after all messages are done it should pair without problem.