Thread: New to BB
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
paulrh

Model: 9320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Etisalat
Post Thanks: 0
Default New to BB

Please Login to Remove!

I received my first BB phone a month ago due to a position change, a cheap Blackberry curve, and now have a decision to make: stick with it, upgrade the BB phone or ditch BB altogether?

I have BES, BIS and a "Global Unlimited" package from the mobile operator. The only advantage I can see in using a BB device over an Android/iPhone device is the fixed data costs when roaming for retrieval of company e-mail and internet browsing. Looking at operators costs for normal data they appear to be in the region of $10/Mbyte which is astronomical. Where I live no operator appears to offer an unlimited data download package for Android/iPhone.

Now I hear that BIS is being discontinued (albeit not for a few years?) so going forward only a fixed cost BES will be offered.

I guess I need some clarification: Is BES e-mail retrieval available to all BB subscribers anywhere or do you need to have a plan for use when roaming?

The Q10 looks interesting but that much cash for a phone that I will only use to pick up e-mails is difficult to justify. I would not consider the Z10 as it's already 4 years out of date with my current personal phone. The Q10 is different enough for me not to compare it.
Offline   Reply With Quote