View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fisherguy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TELUS
Post Thanks: 2
Default Torch 9800 on enterprise, I can't setup 'internet mail account'

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 9800 on a company enterprise server. On the weekend I changed my password like we need to do every 90 days (is there a way to change that?), then later I couldn't remember what I changed it to (yes I'm an idiot I guess).

Tried 10 times, it locked me out and when it started up again it only worked as a phone, I could still send/receive calls. I plugged it into my pc, did a restore and called our company help line, they gave me a new enterprise password and I got that working again. My profile is "power user" so I am (was) able to add my personal email accounts, but when I go to setup, emails accounts the only email accounts I have the option to setup is the enterprise one.

I called the phone provider, the tech guy was able to see my other email accounts, I gave him my PW's for them and he was able to reset them, so now I have access to them again but still when I go to setup / email all I see is the enterprise account, I am not able to add or deletr sny accounts or change PW's etc.

What is stopping me from being able to setup the 'internet email' accounts on the BB when it's obviously setup for them? When I try setting up the account online with the provider (TELUS in Canada) it tells me I must do it using the phone's "internet email" option which of course I can't do.
Any help appreciated, thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote