View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Post Thanks: 1
Default BlackBerry Customer Support

Please Login to Remove!

Just hung up the phone from multiple hours with Blackberry. They are doing their best to drive off a customer who has been using their phones for years.

I have a problem with the PlayBook. Now, I know that device is an orphan so the key thing is how Blackberry handled the situation. In a word poorly.

The web site gave me an email address to send a support request. I received a reply email that said they couldn't help at that address and gave a "correct" email address. Guess what? It was the same as what I'd used.

So, I called. For a touch screen problem the first thing I was asked to do was backup the device and reload the software. That process took literally hours. Then, when it got stuck in a seemingly unending OS reload loop they escalated to Blackberry in Nova Scotia. Big help that was. He said I could send the device in, if they found a fault they would fix it, otherwise it would cost me for a new device($299).

Then, since I'm traveling, I asked if I could tell them when I sent the FedEx box back where to send the repaired device. Nope! Have to tell them right now. Can't be changed once the process is started. Not THAT is customer service.(sarcasm). Finally he relented and said as long as I called and gave them an address verbally before sending in for repair they could maybe change the return address.

At this point it has been 8 hours since the process started. Most of which has been spent hanging out waiting. And I still do not have a clear path to a functioning device.

In short, one of the reasons for buying a PlayBook was to see if Blackberry had indeed become more customer friendly. In two encounters so far I'd have to say the intent may be good but there is a large gap that leaves Blackberry way in the dust.
Offline   Reply With Quote