View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
janetdoyle
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell
Post Thanks: 4
Default Re: New Smartphone/Z10 owner - advice for BlackBerry

Thanks for the comments -- I've explored and am exploring those, and they are helpful, but I still think they need An Absolute Beginner thing, to alert one to what is on that vertical menu to the right sometimes [although it is explained in some of the sections of the existing Help guides, but what beginner would know to check that] and watch out for the button at the bottom sometimes... and reminders of how to "gesture" [I can't seem to get it right all the time, although my husband is watching and learning and he gets it better, he may be acquiring one too]... I think BlackBerry must have taken a risk putting out such a complex device, although in many ways it's easy to use. I had to Google "how to answer a phone call" the other day, I'd forgotten to check that out, and I wanted to make sure I knew how! The touching of the name or phone no. and the dragging to the bottom to answer, and the pressing and holding the name/number display and swiping it up to ignore it and put it in Voice Mail, and the option to just put it on Hold while on a call by pressing and holding the crossed microphone icon until Call Held appears on the screen were things I had not yet found in the Help Guides until googling found them for me... Who would know to look for that possible vertical menu on the right? Oh well, Windows 8 is frustrating people and MS is changing it... maybe BlackBerry will make a few explanatory icons to add to screens... hope so, for sales' sake!
Offline   Reply With Quote