View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 139
Default Re: BlackBerry Future?

I believe BlackBerry realizes that their first foray into the tablet market was a big miss. I think they're at the point of cutting their losses in that market space. As for QNX, yes it has a lot of potential in different platforms and BlackBerry would be smart to lease it out.

However, as long as they're still making devices with QNX on them, they would be wise to support it if they plan to lease their software. Otherwise, buyers will have no confidence in buying a QNX based device.

Now if BlackBerry went the route of Android by allowing other manufacturers to put QNX on their devices, then this would be a different story. I could see that being a possibility. From what I've read Samsung wants to get away from Android and possibly have a proprietary OS, or maybe they'd be interested in QNX. Nokia, HTC, etc could jump on as well and it would do wonders for QNX as a platform, just like it did for Android.

To get back on topic, I think it will be a while before we have to worry about BlackBerry not having "fixes" for their smartphones.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline   Reply With Quote