View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
bombinho
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: many
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Post Thanks: 2
Default Re: Z10 no clock on charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
Comparing a current BlackBerry device to an older model doesn't hold water. Different OS.While there may be some similarities between OS 5,6 and 7, none of them compare to BB10.

I believe your security concerns stem from your inexperience with the device. Whatever actions your device is taking, usually has to be verified or enabled by the user. In order to try and help, I am going to need more information than "...I have noticed that the device now makes assumptions what I want and yes..." I will need specifics.

I cant answer what device would best suit you, as I am not really sure what you need it for. I can say, that if BlackBerry 10 isn't for you, then I would explore what else may be available. Perhaps a device that runs iOS, Android, or WP would be a better fit.
Well firmware/software gets created by... you guess, humans. So, if it was possible to code an exception/interrupt on one device it will be possible to do that on a second device too. And there is a clear notification to the device if it is charging or not as the screen does give it away. I could not see a major holdup on implementing functions like this if you had been capable to get a whole OS knitted including an user interface, a whole software infra structure and not to forget a whole web infrastructure on top.

And yes I am only starting to experiment with the BB10. Hence my inexperience. You have to apologise. But I have "burned my fingers" a bit on early adoptions prior. The 9500 was a bit of a love/hate affair. Great hardware, the software was to start with very questionable. Though many had complained about the hardware, I could not. Any fault I experienced was clearly on the software side.
Offline   Reply With Quote