View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #49 (permalink)
kalinka
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT and verizon
Post Thanks: 1
Default Re: Initial Impressions - first 12 hours

First week on the Q 10 has had a few glitches. I don't find it quite as intuitive as i like. Takes a lot of swiping to get where i want to be, not super economical but maybe i just dont know what I am doing.
Biggest offender here is the lack of sound notification of text while on a call. I cant stare at the phone all the time, when i am on a call i am either on the computer taking notes or its in my pocket. I have to communicate with many people via text and I keep missing them because i do not know when they come in until i happen to glace down and see the little red light flashing. It has gotten me into trouble more than one time and may end up being a deal breaker to me. There are NO smart phones that do not give you that option. That's a big fail.
Otherwise I can not get facebook to work properly which is not the end of the world. Love the camera. Its pretty darned snappy.. but I need a work horse for phone text and email, its not a toy for me and without notification while in call i probably have to return it. Called RIM multiple times and there seems to be no fix nor is it in the works, quite a shame I think its a nice device and I waited for it for a long time.
Offline   Reply With Quote