| | Re: os loading hlp
What is Required:
1. Approximately 1 hour of time.
2. You will need to have a copy of Blackberry Desktop Manager installed on your PC.
3. You will need to have the Operating Software for your device installed on your PC.
All OS's can be obtained in the BlackberryOS Downloads Tab.
4. You need to be using a computer with a Windows operating system installed.
1. Do not connect your device to your PC. Leave it disconnected at this time.
2. Close the Desktop Manager if it is running.
3. Pull your battery from your phone but have the USB cord plugged into it and not the PC
4. On your PC, navigate to X*:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
If using Vista: navigate to X*:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
* X is the Main Operating System Drive, In most cases it is C:\
5.If you are installing an OS that is not from your carrier, delete the vendor.xml file before continuing.
6. Double click on the Loader.exe file (looks like a miniature Blackberry phone),
7. What you need to do is plug the device into your PC using the USB cable that is already attached to your device.
When the connection box displays xxx8220;USB-PIN: UNKNOWNxxx8221; you will click NEXT to knock it out of the reboot loop that itxxx8217;s in
8.It may take you a few tries because you have to time it properly.
Ok, you have been successful in interrupting the reboot loopxxx8230;Congratulations!!!
Be sure to put the battery back in when the wizard starts erasing/installing apps. Otherwise, if you do not put the battery back in before the device reboots to re-initialize, you'll lose the install you just performed and have to start again.
All you have left to do now is follow the rest of the wizard and let it complete the installation of the operating system.