View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 02:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
LindaGreen

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Post Thanks: 1
Default Re: Brand new Z10 stuck on initial software update

Okay, thanks for the suggestions everyone but it as I mentioned, I have tried Blackberry Link, but that won't connect to the phone because it is trying to update the software on the phone. I have no control over the phone because all I can access is the "Checking for Updates" dialogue with the circle going round and round.

When we first put the SIM and batteries in we went through the process of connecting to our WiFi - putting in the password etc - so it is connecting to that okay. We left them updating last night and this morning the screen had changed to "tap to continue" which we did and it then said it was checking for regional updates and has now gone back into the "Checking for Updates" scenario again which so far has been running for nearly an hour and is going nowhere. Looks like this is going to take another 8 hours or so and still we are completely without mobile phones

Very frustrating and I am on the verge of ringing Orange and telling them to just re-activate my old SIM in my Curve 8900 and trying to sell these new phones because right now they are now good to us whatsoever
Offline   Reply With Quote