Originally Posted by voipxpress
Hopefully this is the right section to post this. Here is my situation:
- I have a 9790 on Fido with B B service. I use their BIS
- going to the Uk for 2 weeks.
- I am tired of returning to $300 roaming bills
- T-Mobile have a prepaid blackberry service there for 10 pounds with voice, sms, data and BB. A bargain it seems
- What I would like to do is just pop the new SIM in my (unlocked) 9790 and carry on as usual with the BB email, bbm and data. (Just have a new local phone number)
I have received various pieces on advice on this ranging from:
1. It wont work. Would have to release my bb PIN from Fido, setup on Tmobile, setup all my email accounts etc. A nightmare
2. Just plug and play. It should work out the box
...and everything in between. There are some old posts on this site, but i think they predate prepaid BB services.
Any clues would be much appreciated.
(BTW interestingly T-Mobile dont seem to charge any more for the prepaid with or without blackberry. Not very good news for Blackberry revenues)
#1 is correct. You will have to release the PIN, and add your e-mail accounts to the EE BIS. The good news is that no data will be lost from your device.
Also, the £10 charge is JUST for the BIS pack. Half of that is the license for BIS. You will still have to buy the SIM for another £10.