View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 05:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
hooohaaa

Model: 9790
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Etisalat
Post Thanks: 0
Question Serious issue with Bold 9790

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone,

I bought my Blackberry Bold 9790 in Feb, 2012. It worked perfectly for the first 6-9 months then after that, it started to do weird things so I took it to the dealer where I bought it from. It was within the ONE year warranty. They claimed they have fixed it but:

1- They did not tell me what was wrong with it
2- It problem is not solved, it is worse now.

Long story short, I will explain what is going on with my device at the moment.

1- VERY HOT
2- Battery drains in no time
3- Became so slow that I can't do anything at all

Above is what is going on.

Workaround in order to avoid all the above crazy things:

Workaround 1: Either I disconnect it from any network (network off) OR take the battery out, wait few mins, put it back in.

The above workaround usually fails. Not to mention, if I turn all the networks off, I will no longer be able to use it as a phone and I can't use the BBM, obviously.

Workaround 2: I keep "Mobile Network" ON BUT I turn the Data Service OFF

Options > Networks and Connections > Mobile Network > Data Services >> OFF

The above work around will stop the crazy things and the mobile starts to behave well BUT I will lose the ability to use my BBM which makes this workaround is less helpful.

Workaround 3: THE ONE AND ONLY workaround that seems better than the previous workarounds is:

Once I connect my mobile to my Wireless Network at home, everything becomes better (Battery stop draining crazily fast, became cool and no more hot and it became usable and not slow).

NOW, the downside of workaround 3 is:
ONCE I leave my home, the whole thing start all over again because outside my home, obviously, there is no longer a Wireless (Wifi) network I can connect to.

So, I have to go for either workaround 1 or 2 :(

You see, I am having a serious issue and I have NO IDEA what is going on?

It seems like the device is leaking something or using something that is why I can see the transmission icon next to the Mobile Network meter is flashing so fast when it starts to drain the battery and became usable and hot.

Also, I do:
Memory Cleaner

and

Hold "Alt" and press L then G and then again L then G while holding "Alt" and I clear the Log (someone told me about this)

But these two things never helped.

I need you help ... any ideas? suggestions?

Thanks a lot!
Offline   Reply With Quote