View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
GamerX

Model: 9000b
PIN: N/A
Carrier: m:tel bosnia
Post Thanks: 3
Default 9k bold charging / usb problem

Please Login to Remove!

I've got a few problems I never happen to find out how to fix;
I'll start with the serious one - charging.
As you may know, the charger for bold 9000 is not like any other charger for other non BB phones.
Now, whenever I connect my phone to it, it won't charge and the light that shows the charger is powered - turns off, it works sometimes, shows the charging icon but it won't charge it at all. It's like, I go to bed and let it charge, I make sure the charging icon appears on phone's screen, and when I wake up after ~6 hours, the charging icon is still there but the % of power is either lower or the same. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work if it worked ok until a few months ago. I've made sure that the power supplied from the socket/plug is enough to charge a phone, since other phones work, and not only phones but anything I connect to it works as it should, except my BB charger.

The second problem is usb, when I connect my phone via the usb cable to ANY computer, the computer won't find it, and the phone itself won't show me that it's connected. I'd understand if it was only my home computer but the problem happens on my work, school, relatives, basically any computer I connect my phone to doesn't recognize it. I updated any driver I could and it doesn't work. I have changed 3 usb cables (used 1 that I got when I bought the phone, used a friend's usb, and a bought one hoping it will work). Now, if the reason is the computer - I doubt it, since at least 5 computers with different OS, different specs don't recognize it. If the cause is the usb hub from the phone itself then is it worth changing it, not because of the cost but because of the part being pretty hard to change and it may cause additional f*** ups to the other parts.

Thanks in advance. Any advice will come handy
Offline   Reply With Quote