View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 04:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
DevonJon

Model: 10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: voda
Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: decryption issue - pictures

Thanks for reply.

Sorry but whats Link ? I have the BB desktop software and BB blend. Indeed I have tried through those to place the photo's back on the BB. I can move them back but the BB won't open them. So I have an increasingly sinking feeling they've gone. So frustrating as to look at as files they are showing as jpegs with variety of sizes and no sign of 'rem'.

Its such a pain I had some lovely family snaps in particular of my daughter. I'd take fair blame if I'd done something wrong but all I did was open BB blend > file manager and drag them onto my desktop. There was no error message and no warning about the consequences and they'd all moved completely.

I've since tried every viewer or analyser I can get hands on via net to no avail.

Can I ask is encryption the same but unique to a device? I say that as shortly afterwards and for no obvious reason the BB flagged a message saying my policy owner (work) requires SD card to be encrypted. Now I'd already seen that ages before and assumed the SD card was already encrypted. SO I just wondered if a further encryption would set a different key to that when the photos were taken?

And last one. As I said previous there is no 'rem' in the file title and no obvious message or likes coming up saying they are encrypted. Is there any other way of telling if that's the issue or if the Blend software seems to have corrupted them. Perhaps I should approach BB direct though doubt speed or answer will be useful.
Offline   Reply With Quote