View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
aristobrat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7130e
Carrier: VZW
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmehling
^Good thoughts about #1, though the main complaint from people (and being a former T-Mobile user, I'm inclined to agree) is USA coverage leaves a lot to be desired. I used to be in places with X coverage and my g/f on her Verizon phone would have 2 bars or more. Otherwise, obviously the best of both worlds, but he originally had T-Mobile and switched to VZW for just that reason.
I don't know when he last took his T-Mobile BB on a US trip with him, but T-Mobile significantly increased their coverage last year by adding roaming deals with various companies.

Check out their new coverage map:
http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/

If not, then would he consider Cingular? Its US coverage is slightly larger than T-Mobile's and it's available internationally as well.

As long as he's going to maintain two devices, it's going to be a PITA for you. We have two C-level execs here that insist on doing the same thing, but they're at least cool about making sure that they give us advanced notice on when they're leaving, and they understand that they have to be here to pick up their "overseas loaner" before they leave.