View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 11:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
e40sixnole

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbelt
Sean, interesting that brings me to the next trick I discovered.

That happens to be the gift and the Curse. The only way to have your newsletters not caught in the SPAM filters is to use the Gmail forwarding not the filter forwarding. The regular fowarding doesn't think, it just forwards what ever is aimed at your [email address]. Unfortunately that includes the SPAM.

The regular forwarding stops forwarding if a large file(e.g. MP3) or the @provider.blackberry.net can't handle the traffic at that moment. The only way you will be able to get the forwarding to work is by logging on to your gmail from a computer and resetting it. That's a bad problem because if you will have to wait until your by a computer to start to get your mail again.

I found a solution to preventing Gmails forwarding from stopping. That is fowarding the mail to a e.g. @yahoo.com then forward the @yahoo.com to the BB. The main thing is the yahoo fowarding doesn't stop to see if the mail is going through and won't stop if the mail doesn't pass through at that moment unlike the Gmail forwarding. That also helps as adding a second filter for your mail to go through.

It's a bit tricky but simple. Use Gmail filter forwarding, then fowarding to another address e.g. yahoo(works fine), then from the other address to the BB. 3 steps. Until Gmail offers push mail that's a current method in the mean time.
The only problem I see with that is there is a fee to foward messages from yahoo to another address.