Thread: Motorola 'Q'?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 11:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
hnsimpson
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
PIN: pm me for it
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by boygenius
I can't imagine the Q retail to be more than $399-$450...Really depends on your preference, are you more multimedia centric, or more email focused. I find that the BlackBerry browser is faster than any Pocket PC even EV-DO compared to EDGE. Obviously not the speed of the connection but the way it renders and etc. Have tried 8700 on Cingular against Q and Treo700 both on verizon, its 25-30 seconds faster on 8700 on say cnn.com. All in all I can not find something to replace 8700 or blackberry in general, I find myself having devices for the wow factor to show clients etc and never changing my staple blackberry and phone.

Concerns I had about the Q are as follows:

1- Reliability- Is this a platform that will be as reliable or nearly as reliable as the Blackberry 7100t I have, or will it fall into the Treo 650, "depends on if you get a good one" category

2- Price- Is the sexiness of the new Q going to price it over my budet

3- Best Choice- Is this just a differently packaged Treo 700? And if so, would I be better served with the Treo 700??

BoyGenius- Thanks for all of your input. Being able to hear it from someon who has actually carried the device makes a difference.
BTW-how did you get your hands on one? I thought they weren't introduced yet?

Simpson