View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 08:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
BBRaffey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
He is planning on a new locking clip. I am excited about this new clip as the new case is really great. If the clip locked it would be a real winner.
Lock how? Larry describes how the ratchet on this case keeps it in place. Do you mean lock on the belt like the Fortte clip? Will it be a fixed or removable clip system? Also, I do not see why we have to go through all these ratchet stops when turning the case (OEM or Gizmo), it seemss to me that the majority of us want either true vertical or horizontal. Who wants to wear it at an angle? I have both the OEM and Fortte vertical. I like the construction and look of the OEM a bit better and the fact that it does not flop around on the swivel like the Fortte. I like the way the Fortte comes off its clip without having to wiggle the clip off the belt every time as doing this tends to put little scratches on fine leather belts that add up over time. What I would really like now is a brown horizontal case for summer that has a low profile and does not swivel or spin, and has the flap on the top. Gizmo and OEM require you to remove the BB from the side if you put them in horizontal position which I consider a less than ideal. I am loking forward to Fortte's new clip system that they are promising.

As for the Vaja cases, they look absolutely beautiful on the website and I am eagerly awaiting Larry's review to see if they are worth their extremely high price. Specifically, I want to see what he thinks of their clip system which I find a bit confusing.