View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rockefella
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Cingular, the new AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yustonuser
Balanced opinions are everywhere here. When a vendor goes out of their way time and time again, support and positivity are welcome and a pleasure to see. If this was a case where they emailed back that a design issue (like the Gizmoskin issue) was not returnable (note: where Gizmoskin was responded fantatsically) then I would understand your reaction and reason to publicly post. But this is a situation where Fortte continues to bend over backwards to create a stellar product and will return if the desgin is incorrect, etc. But you cannot expect to publicly post hoping they will provide a new case every time a customer gets out a car, catches the case on something and it accidentaly breaks off! That's a slippery slope

I'll let you work with Fortte - from what I have read they have been nothing but terrific to work with and I haven't even ordered from them yet.

I just feel (as someone who sells for a living) that I had to jump in when I clearly see someone trying to use this forum as a means to bad mouth a hard working company for no good reason.

My 2 cents.

Well actually, Yustonuser, I've noticed that this forum is very protective of many of the vendors discussed here (such as Fortte), and that the presumption is that people who complain about products are somehow in the wrong.

I got flamed badly in the past for criticizing Gizmoskins in this forum, with many forum participants touting the "good reputation" of Gizmoskin and contrasting that with my short tenure on the board. Result: My credibility was written off and everyone went back to raving about Gizmoskins -- which I understand are now finally being discredited.